What a whirlwind year! As it comes to a close, I can’t help but think of all that happened this year. My first thought was “Whew! Glad it’s over. Let’s move on to the next.” Then I realized that that’s not fair. It’s not like 2008 was incredibly terrible. I have a lot to be thankful for, a lot of good things going on. But as always, the bad stuff sneaks right in there. So I’ll start with the bad, end with the good, and hope that the good stuff continues and multiplies in the upcoming year. So, in no particular order:
4. Losing Giz
6. Sickness–mono, 2 bouts of stomach flu, The Great Cold of January thru February, various other colds, earaches, and ailments. I haven’t been this sick in one year since I was a wee little one. Mike also had a gout flare-up.
2. Vegas in August with the girls
3. Vegas over Thanksgiving with Mike (can anyone guess where my favorite vacation spot is?)
4. Forrest. There’s nothing like having a kitten in the house. He’s now healthy and growing, and YES! declawed. He’s a constant source of entertainment, amusement, and frustration.
7. Good times with friends and family–near and far. A spa trip with Michele and the girls in January in Phoenix; Becky’s bachelorette party in Pittsburgh and wedding in New York City; trips to The Sticks; visit from Lori and Paul and their kids; going to see Amy and Jeff and their baby; book club every month; 3 trips to Vegas (oh, I already mentioned those?); trip to Indianapolis for the Indy Mini; vists to and from Mike’s brother, our sister-in-law, and my adorable niece and nephew; and more that I can’t think of off the top of my head . . .
9. JLo’s and ACT’s engagement
10. Connecting with so many cool people on Goodreads and through blogging. I never thought that I would have so many friends that I never met.
11. My brother’s engagement to Abby
12. Making progress on the baby-making front. Support from our family and friends, a great doctor, and DRUGS–gimme the drugs!