Dude, I am so hitting rock bottom in the list department. And it’s only the 13th. By the end of this month, I may be listing all of the states and their capitals. Thrilling, I know.
Just about as thrilling as my grocery list! I was sitting here thinking “hmm, what could today’s list be?” and when my mind wandered to all of the things that I need to accomplish today—such as the grocery shopping—a big light bulb lit up over my head and the word “grocery list” were emblazoned above it. Lucky you!
My list isn’t all that long, so this won’t be all that painful for you. And if you would just look at the things on the list without knowing that it’s a shopping list, you might think that I’m building my entry for a crazy science fair. Or possibly Flugtag.
- dill weed
- cheap paper plates (for the cat to eat off of)
- body wash
- Diruex (can I be any more bloated?)
- oven cleaner (do they make oven cleaner that you can use in self-cleaning ovens? I’ll have to check it out. My “self”-cleaning oven needs a little help. And not the elbow grease kind of help that I would have to supply. We’re talking a “spray and let sit overnight” kind of help.)
- Diet Pepsi or Diet Mt. Dew (on sale!)
- Lean Cuisine (lunchs for me for next week)
- Beef-a-Roni (for Mike. I utterly annoy him by singing “Beef-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat” instead of “Rice-a-Roni . . .”. You would think he would stop asking for it just to avoid having me sing, but he hasn’t learned his lesson yet. And so I sing.)
- grape jelly (also for Mike. He has some aversion to the no-sugar apricot jelly we have.)
- Steamfresh veggies (a wonderful invention. And also on sale this week!)
- cat litter (this makes the list every single week)
- cat food (cans for Giz and a bag of Friskies for Little Kitty)
- lettuce (I seriously need to start eating salads regularly again.)
- Yoplait light yogurt
- beans (to go with the hot dogs that are thawing in the fridge, possibly to become tonight’s dinner. I am a gourmet chef, I tell you.)
That’s it. Mike, if you have any other requests, please submit them to me via email no later than 5:00 PM EST.