This one’s called “Everyone’s Weird”. Pretty much self-explanatory.
1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Dial White. According to my husband, there will never be another kind of soap in our house. God forbid they stop making it.
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? Nope. Hello, we’re on the verge of winter here!
3. What would you change about your living room? Add an area rug, buy new furniture, decorate better. The only thing I’m really happy about is the paint color!
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Dirty.
5. What is in your fridge? Activa yogurt, about half a gallon of milk that’s a few days away from it’s expiration date, beer, green tea, lettuce, cucumbers, and that’s about it. Grocery trip is tonight so we’re at the stage where the fridge is almost bare.
6. White or wheat bread? Wheat.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? The glass that goes into a picture frame. Even though there’s no kiddos in our house, it was about the only safe place to put it.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Master bathroom has a frosted glass shower door, but the hall bathroom has a burgundy/gold/green pattern to it that sounds horrible but is actually pretty cool.
9. How many plants are in your home? None IN my home, but a few potted mums outside. I have a black thumb and 2 cats that like to eat any form of vegetation, so no plant is safe in my house.
10. Is your bed made right now? You could ask this question every day, and the only time you’d get a “yes” is when we have company coming over.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? I’ve used both in the past and am not impressed with either.
12. Is your closet organized? More than I ever thought it would be.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? What the heck kind of question is this? We have 45 flashlights of every shape, size, and color, but can never find one of them when the power goes out.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Glass.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Yes.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? YES, YES, YES. I’m too embarrassed to even post a picture.
17. Curtains or blinds? We have blinds everywhere for privacy, but one of these days I’ll get around to
making curtains having curtains made.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? At least 2 and sometimes 3. One for my head, body pillow, and sometimes I hug another pillow to me and put my back up against the body pillow.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? Small, weak nightlight in the bathroom for when I get up in the middle of the night. Otherwise, the darker, the better.
20. How often do you vacuum? When I win the PINK DYSON, I will vacuum every day, I promise! Until then, only when absolutely necessary.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard, although I do have an electric.
22. What color is your toothbrush? White and green.
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes–a housewarming gift from a friend.
24. What is in your oven right now? Hopefully nothing.
25. Is there anything under your bed? Cat hair. Does that count?
26. Chore you hate doing the most? CLEANING. THE. BATHROOM.
27. What retro items are in your home? Whatever we have, it’s in boxes in the basement that we STILL haven’t unpacked.
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Not really–a sitting room off of our bedroom that has a desk in it. But it’s not really an office.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? 6
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Not unless you count the 2 jugs of loose change that we’ve accumulated.
31. What color are your walls? Kitchen and family room are a tan color that has a greenish cast to it by lamplight; dining room is dark blue; living room is “stadium red”; and one of the bedrooms is yellow (hopefully a nursery one day). The rest of the house will get painted this winter when the painting fairy comes to visit.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Pocketknife maybe, but nothing I’d consider to be a real weapon.
33. What does your home smell like right now? Bayberry candle that I had lit for awhile last night (to cover the scent of cat poop emanating from the laundry room litter box).
34. Favorite candle scent? Vanilla
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Kosher dill.
36. What color is your favorite Bible? Dark red.
37. Ever been on your roof? No, and I don’t intend to EVER be on the roof unless there’s a flood.
38. Do you own a stereo? Yes.
39. How many TVs do you have? Four in the house and 2 in the basement (not being used). We’re not crazy, we’ve just inherited a lot of TVs over the years.
40. How many house phones? Three.
41. Do you have a housekeeper? Yes. She and I share the same name, the same lack of interest in housekeeping, and the same tolerance for dirt and grime.
I suck She sucks at housecleaning.
42. What style do you decorate in? I call it “elegant country”. Not roosters/ducks/cows kind of country, just rustic kind of stuff.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solids or muted prints.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home. Yes, I think there are 2 downstairs and one in each bedroom.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? Define “quick”! I’d definitely take our mini-safe that has important documents and the cats. But if I had the time–albums of pictures that haven’t been scanned yet and our “memory box” where we toss ticket stubs and mementos.
Wow, this is time-consuming. If you want to do it, feel free, but grab yourself a tall drink and a light snack for the adventure!